Cheng, Yuan-Chung Associate Professor
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University
theoretical physical chemistry
Room B376, Chemistry Building 臺灣大學化學館 B376室
- Developing theories for quantum dynamics in condensed-phase molecular systems for the studies of excitation energy transfer and charge transfer in photosynthetic light reactions and molecular photochemical reactions in solutions.
- Applying quantum chemical calculations and molecular dynamics simulations to investigate electronic structures and photophysical phenomena of novel nanomaterials and to develop multiscale simulation methods applicable to studies of properties of organic optoelectronic materials.
- Investigating molecular excited-state chemical dynamics and theories for time-resolved nonlinear spectroscopy.
- B.S., 1995, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University.
- M.S., 1997, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University.
- Ph.D., 2006, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2006-2009, U.C. Berkeley.
- Assistant Professor, 2009-2014; Associate Professor, 2014-present, Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Award, National Taiwan University (2015); FAOS Outstanding Young Scholar Scholarship (2010-2014); 2013 Promising Scientist Award of CMOA (Prix d'Incitation Scientifique du CMOA, 2013); Excellence in Teaching Award, National Taiwan University (2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014); The Distinguished Lectureship Award of the CSJ Asian International Symposium (2011).